anyway.. i hadnt even read the section of the book, but i did myself a little experiment.. of rust dyeing on paper.. something i had never done before. i put the same sorts of various bits of rusty things that i already had from some of my fabric experiments.. paper clips, safety pin, etc..
i did 2.. just on pieces of white cardstock.. one i soaked for a bit in some tea.. i happened to have a jar on my shelf that had been sitting there for months with some old teabags soaking in it.. just waiting.. waiting to have something done with it.. so yay! ..and the other one, the paper was soaked in plain old vinegar. this is what i got:
i found it really interesting at the difference the 2 liquids made. Also.. on the vinegar, the copper pennies gave a bit of blue.. neat! but they didnt do much of anything with the tea. it was a neat experiment though.. just a quick little trial. fun stuff.